Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] Bugs during building 4.3.1

On Sun, 2013-11-03 at 18:24 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> > 2.       Configuration process does not check for openssl and x11,
> > which I believe are both required.
> >

> How are you building qemu upstream?  It is certainly not expected to
> be used with x11 enabled.

It will if you want SDL support. We check for SDL though and I've
expected that the recursively check for X11, or at least expect the
package manager to take care of it via dependencies in the -devel
packages.

>   If you are using the defaults as present in Xen 4.3.1 then we really
> do have some fixing to do.
>

> > 3.       APPEND_LIB doesnât carry through to all the makefiles.
> >

> This looks plausible.  If I remember correctly, the idea was always to
> fault in APPEND_LIB to new bits of the build system as and when
> needed.  I suppose you have come across this because of x11 and
> openssl ?
>
> To submit patches, you should follow the instructions at
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches - particularity
> "Signing off a patch"

At least the qemu-xen patch cannot be done this way, since we cannot
upstream APPEND_LIBS. I mean they may want to accept such a patch but
they may also have their own build system specific way of achieving
this.

We probably need to involve APPENDS_LIBS in the invocation of qemu-xen's
configure.

Ian.