Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] probably FAQ: latest xen PV api/abi specs

On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 10:20 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this might be an FAQ but I'm looking for the documentation for the xen
> guest API/ABI exposed to domU kernels on arm.

Which port are you asking about?
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions or
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_%28PV%29 ? I only know about the former
and it sounds like this is the one you mean?

Adding xen-devel which is the right venue for virt extensions questions,
xen-arm@ is for the PV port.

>  The wiki says it isn't
> yet set in stone and WIP but I hope someone is already working on
> documenting it. Any pointers?

For the hardware extensions port the interfaces are documented in
xen.git (xen/include/public/) and exposed via
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/hypercall/arm/index.html

I think it is mostly set in stone right now, although there is a pending
issue with Linux netfront/back possibly using a broken ABI due to struct
packing oddities. Other than that I don't expect there to be any further
changes before 4.4 (where I hope we can declare it frozen).

Ian.