Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] probably FAQ: latest xen PV api/abi specs

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 09:48:39AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 10:20 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this might be an FAQ but I'm looking for the documentation for the xen
> > guest API/ABI exposed to domU kernels on arm.
>
> Which port are you asking about?
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions or
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_%28PV%29 ? I only know about the former
> and it sounds like this is the one you mean?
>
> Adding xen-devel which is the right venue for virt extensions questions,
> xen-arm@ is for the PV port.

I'm interested in older arm cpus like the RaspberryPI, which doesn't
have the virtualization extension. Therefore I'm interested in the PV
port.

Or would it be feasable and make more sense to emulate the HVC
instruction in the undefined handler? Probably not given the extensive
use of hardware facilities.

MfG
        Goswin