Re: [Xen-devel] passing through SMBus

My Win7 guest runs on a headless xen hypervisor, so I passthrough the graphics and all other devices except for HDD.

May I know what bits and pieces dom0 will be using from SMBus ?

I communicate between both the domains using ip because I am using n/w bridge.

I launch windows using xl create command.

the reason I need SMBus because synaptic has developed their latest touchpad driver based on SMBus, There are other devices which require SMBus for their win drivers to work.

I looked at qemu code xen-vl-extra.c and pass-through.c and looks like for device 1f and function 03 it is failing to pass-through. I also note that dev 1f: func 00 the PCH bus is being getting passed through in pt-graphics.c and I understand it is in the interest of the graphics.

I do not want to hack the qemu to get the function 03 for dev 1f passed through but I am looking for some neat way of accessing the SMBus from domU.

Did I answer you questions ?