Re: [Xen-devel] Was: Request complete reversion of XSA-60 patches

>>> On 14.11.13 at 13:43, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Following a long discussion with Tim, it appears that despite the AMD
> codepath being changed, there appear to be no relevant side effects as a
> result, which reduces my main concern with the series.

Am I right in reading this as you withdrawing the revert request?

> However, in the process we identified more areas which need a cache flush.
>
> vmx_ctxt_switch_from() needs a wbinvd() for the case where we service a
> vmexit but get descheduled before returning.  There are also the
> previously indicated areas which also need more cache invalidation.
>
> There is also a wider problem with cached mappings from dom0, which are
> identified but not introduced by this series.  Fixing this is still an
> oustanding problem, with no sensible solution being apparent.

But you realize that the original code wasn't really complete
either (in particular with regards to necessary cache flushing)?
Hence I'm not really convinced the situation is now worse than it
was before.

Jan