Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-unstable test] 22066: regressions - FAIL

2013/11/23 Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Saturday, November 23, 2013, 10:48:55 AM, you wrote:

> 2013/11/23 Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Saturday, November 23, 2013, 9:33:12 AM, you wrote:

 >>> Hi Ian / Stefano,
 >>>
 >>> Is the tree and branch being tested here published somewhere ?
>
 >> All of the details are in each test pass/failure report. Follow the URL
 >> and click on one of the column headers.
 >> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/22066/
>  =>>
 >> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/22066/build-amd64/info.html
>  =>>
 >>              tree_qemuu
 >> git://xenbits.xen.org/staging/qemu-upstream-unstable.git
>
 >>> A commit of mine is in there, but i can't find it where i would expected in:
>
 >> Where is "there"?
>
>  If i pull that tree i can't find patches from Wei Liu and me, from  more than a month ago fixing build errors when enabling debug in qemu:
>  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/174

Hmm it seems i managed to not copy and pasted correctly .. need my first coffee badly.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/174409

>  Perhaps i misinterpreted my name being in the list of who "touched the revision under test" and is it merely a tested-by or something like that.
>  How ever then the question would be, why aren't these patches upstreamed yet ?
>  (which seems to support my earlier cry out that the Qemu dependency of Xen seems to be a bit neglected at the moment, i let that discussion
>  go for the time being, see how it goes ...)

> The qemu patch must be based on master of upstream
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
>
> and posted on qemu-devel mailing list, the previous push of upstream qemu patches from xen were made by Stefano Stabellini, so I think is good add to cc Stefano Stabellini, Anthony Perard (as qemu maintainers) and qemu-devel on all qemu patches.

Stefano as xen qemu maintainer was CC'ed on both patches, qemu-devel was not, that's indeed a omission.

It had a "looks good" reply from Stefano the day after ...

I not found it on qemu-devel, probably was not posted to it now.

I also not found new version of patch by Wei Liu, I saw on post:

> Sander, do you mind if I take the first half of your patch, combine it
> with my change to the above trunk to make a new patch? I find it more
> convenient to do it that way since your patch hasn't gone in. Of course
> I will keep your SoB. What do you think?

Sure, no problem !

--
Sander

> Wei.