Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

>That wasn't a yes/no question; it is a, "which do you think is best" question:

>* Announcing features for external projects (linux, libvirt) in the main Xen
>release.  Advantage: Longer list of features, more concentrated coverage

>* Announcing features for external projects when the external projects
>release.  Advantage: More frequent coverage, may build good-will between
>projects to announce their releases

My gut: do both.  Make noise in the Xen release, then make more noise when the
external project releases.  Preface the second one with "as we previously
indicated during the release of XXXX...".

News is news until people know about it.  We reach a very limited subset of the
Open Source world with any piece of PR.  Exercising an opportunity to announce
& announce again (under the guise of a reminder to people) is prudent, IMO.  We
need to make lots of positive noise continually to overcome the existing market
misconception that KVM is the future.

It's kind of like the old adage of voting in Chicago: "Vote early; vote often."
 ;)

Russ Pavlicek
Xen Project Evangelist, Citrix Systems
Home Office: +1-301-829-5327