Re: [Xen-devel] ARINC653

Thanks Dario,

 smartin@smartin-xen:~/projects/trio/xen/pv499$ sudo xl cpupool-list
 Name CPUs Sched Active Domain count
 Pool-0 3 credit y 1
 pv499 1 arinc653 y 1

Ok, which pcpus are in each pool? In theory, it shouldn't matter, but,
you know... :-P

Pool-0 has pcpu 1, 2 and 3
pv499 has pcpu 0.

 So unless I am doing something silly it looks like I will have to go
 to RT-Xen to get better timings. For the moment I'm going to leave
 this and go on to getting more of my operating system working.

Well, RT-Xen is a great project, but it's mostly, if not all, about
scheduling. I mean, all they do is introducing two new schedulers (with
a couple of operational mode in each), and that's it... There is nothing
there being done for reducing latency or jitter.
Thanks for the pointer. As my tests have shown, changing the scheduler does not really alter the behaviour.

I think, we'd better off (as soon as, as you said, you have more pieces
in place), trying to figure out what is causing the behavior you're
seeing and workaround/fix/amend it!
I agree.

It's a busy period, with the 4.4 release, etc., but, as repeatedly said,
I'm up for helping with this, if help is needed! :-P
Thanks. This is something that is going to take a while to get sorted so I'll definitely be plugging until way after 4.4 is done and dusted.

Regards.

PNG image