Re: [Xen-devel] ARINC653

On lun, 2013-12-09 at 23:08 +0000, Simon Martin wrote:
> Thanks Dario,
>
> > >  smartin@smartin-xen:~/projects/trio/xen/pv499$ sudo xl
> > > cpupool-list
> > >  Name CPUs Sched Active Domain count
> > >  Pool-0 3 credit y 1
> > >  pv499 1 arinc653 y 1
> > >
> > Ok, which pcpus are in each pool? In theory, it shouldn't matter,
> > but,
> > you know... :-P
> >
> Pool-0 has pcpu 1, 2 and 3
> pv499 has pcpu 0.

Can you try the opposite? I mean, something like having the 1 pCPU only
pool when you run your domU *not* including pCPU #0?

I can't point the finger to anything specific right now, but, you now,
pCPU #0 is the first being brought up, etc.

Probably, as scheduling does not matter much to you, you can even just
use vCPU affinities/pinning, like having Dom0 pinned to pCPUs 0-2, and
your DomU to pCPU 3.

> > It's a busy period, with the 4.4 release, etc., but, as repeatedly
> > said,
> > I'm up for helping with this, if help is needed! :-P
> Thanks. This is something that is going to take a while to get sorted
> so I'll definitely be plugging until way after 4.4 is done
> and dusted.

Well, in that case I'm sure I'll be able to help a bit. :-)

Regards,
Dario