Re: [Xen-devel] Regression with Xen 4.4 when booting with AMD IOMMU on TA890FXE BIOSTAR

On 12/19/2013 8:43 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
(XEN) AMD-Vi: per-device vector map logic is broken.  Using per-device-global
maps instead until a fix is found.

Looks like IOAPIC definition is missing from IVRS. The one that's
listed (0000:00:00.1 variety 0x1 handle 0x6) is usually unused IIRC.
I'd expect an entry for the second one (that lives on the
southbridge), such as
     AMD-Vi: IVHD Special: 0000:00:14.0 variety 0x1 handle 0

And page faults that you are seeing may also be related to this
since 0xa0 is 00:14.0.

BIOS update might help with this problem (looks like Biostar has a
newer BIOS for this board) but I think this should be fixed so maybe
you want to keep this BIOS until a fix is developed.

OK.

You could try booting with iommu=no-intremap to work around this in
the meantime.

That did make it boot. Thanks!

I can reproduce the issue also and I am looking into this. I will update once I found the issue.

Suravee