[Xen-devel] Status of Nested Virt in 4.4 (Was: Re: Xen 4.4 development update)

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 06:54 +0000, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
> Can I say nested virtualization also is good supported in Xen 4.4?

Can you enumerate the scenarios which have been tested and which you
consider are "supported"?

What do the hypervisor side maintainers think?

ISTR that not so long ago there were some quirks wrt not exposing the
feature to guests and crashing if they used it, and another one a while
back relating to a guest being able to enable nested virt on itself
regardless of the host administrator's settings. I suppose they are both
fixed but I wonder if the "command and control" side of nested virt has
had the same level of consideration and testing as the actual
functionality.

Ian.