[Xen-devel] Status of Nested Virt in 4.4 (Was: Re: Xen 4.4 development update)

>>> On 16.01.14 at 10:45, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 06:54 +0000, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
>> Can I say nested virtualization also is good supported in Xen 4.4?
>
> Can you enumerate the scenarios which have been tested and which you
> consider are "supported"?
>
> What do the hypervisor side maintainers think?

Indeed I'm not sure we're there yet, not the least considering
the recent discussion between SVM and VMX folks about how
to deal with a certain problem, where a regression on the SVM
side was expected if the code would have got committed as is.

But in the end I think the VMX and SVM maintainers should
have the final say on nVMX and nSVM support state.

Jan