Re: [Xen-devel] run time memory trap question

Hi Ian,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 17:38 +0200, Andrii Tseglytskyi wrote:
>> Hi

>> > This solution sounds good.
>> >
>> > If I remembered correctly, you are writing a driver for IPU/GPU MMU, right?
>>

>> Right. And for now I started developing something like shadow page
>> table algorithm. I need to create a trap for a real pagetable, which
>> is placed somewhere in domain heap memory. That's why I thought about
>> generic algorithm which can create a runtime trap for memory, which
>> address is not defined during compile time.
>
> I think you should handle this case by making the page r/o in the p2m
> and using the p2m fault handler rather than the MMIO trap
> infrastructure.
>
> See e.g. the live migration patches by Samsung.

I haven't thought in this direction. I will investigate this
possibility. Thank you for suggestion. Just for now I implemented
solution, discussed in previous mails and it works fine for me, but
I'll try what you suggesting - it may be a better way.

Thank you,

regards,
Andrii

--