[Xen-devel] Xen on ARM: domU ramdisk support

  • To: Xen Development List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jonathan Daugherty <jtd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:00:53 -0800
  • Cc: Adam Wick <awick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 00:02:05 +0000

Hi,

I'm attempting to load a Linux domU on an Arndale board, but the
'ramdisk' setting in my domain configuration file appears to have no
impact on the Linux kernel I'm booting.  What is the status of support
for domU initrds in Xen on ARM at the moment?

I took a look at libxl and found that perhaps libxl_arm.c should be
doing something to set up the FDT nodes describing the initrd start/end,
but I see no evidence of it there.

I may have time to write a patch if this is something that needs doing.

Thanks!

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  Software Engineer