Re: [Xen-devel] Support for btrfs in pv-grub

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 02:42:28AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 15:59 -0700, Charles Arnold wrote:
> > Code to support btrfs in pv-grub was added almost two years ago (c/s 25154).
>
> Ccing the author.
>
> > Building the code doesn't seem to be enabled in stubdom/grub/Makefile.
> > Was this functionality ever intended to work?
>
> One would like to assume so!
>
> > Does anyone know the status of this code?
>
> Matt?
>
> Looks like Makefile.am was patched but not Makefile.in, and I don't
> think we run automake as part of the stubdom build process.

True, but we also don't use the Makefiles in grub-upstream to build
GRUB. We use xen/stubdom/grub/Makefile, which also isn't patched to
build the btrfs code.

Unfortunately when I added it grub/Makefile, it doesn't build on a
modern compiler.

Do you think we should revert the patch that adds btrfs support?

--msw