Re: [Xen-devel] Please review the key 4.4 release docs

George Dunlap wrote on 2014-03-10:
> On 03/10/2014 04:27 AM, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
>> Russell Pavlicek wrote on 2014-03-10:
>>> I have done my best to compile the various key release documents
>>> for the 4.4 release.
>>>
>>> All have hyperlinks from the download page:
>>> http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/supported-xen-44-s
>>> er
>>> es/ xen-440.html
>> I thought that we have agreed that we will move the nested
>> virtualization
> from experimental to 1.0 or something else in Xen 4.4 release note.
> But it seems it still in experimental state and there is no mention of
> it in the release note.
>
> Well we discussed it, but there were too many things still missing to
> call it a properly supported feature: in particular, doubts about how
> well shadow-on-hap would work, which would be a potential security

Actually, I'd like to know all potential nested issues and I will try to solve
it if possible. But the problem is that I am not clear about those issues that
you guys mentioned. Is there any thread talk about them?

> issue.  (On my to-do list is to collect these somewhere so we have a
> clear set of criteria for moving nested HVM from "tech preview" to
> "supported".)

Yes, it makes sense.

> It would be good to put something in the release note, however, to say
> how much it has progressed.  I'll see what I can do.

Yes, nested was moving forward in last year. It's better to tell this to people
since lots of people unaware of this feature.

>   -George

Best regards,
Yang