Re: [Xen-devel] broken live migration in xen 4.3 (release)

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 03:25 +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> I'm solve my issue. /etc/xen/scripts/vif-ospf (my own network script)
> have which ethtool not redirected to /dev/null.
> When domain started i don't have errors, but when migration appeared
> last message has been /sbin/ethtool. Thanks Ian Campbell and Ian
> Jackson!

Great.

Did you by any chance produce a debug patch to help you track this down
(e.g. to log the unexpected message)? If so then that might be something
which is useful to others diagnosing the same issue -- would you mind
submitting it? See http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches for
guidance. (Even if it is unsuitable for applying it would perhaps be
helpful to have in the list archives to point at)

Roger, where should the hotplug scripts be logging to? Should we
consider slurping up stdout/stderr of the script to somewhere other than
xl's std*?

Ian.