Re: [Xen-devel] Update seabios and upstream qemu versions used on xen-unstable

On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 10:33 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 09:41:20PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> [...]
> > >

> > >From qemu 1.3 I kept testing the upstream qemu as far as I could, to find
> > >and
> > report any regressions with xen.
> > Unfortunately I did not have enough time and in some cases the knowledge to
> > fix and/or improve some things to try to ensure a good integration, use of
> > the main new qemu features, and exemptions from criticism regressions with
> > xen before of the new qemu stable versions release.
> > An important first step, perhaps the most important would be to keep the
> > tested with qemu upstream xen during the development of each version (
> > http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master) in
> > order to immediately
> > identify any regression with xen and resolve as soon as possible or at
> > least report
> > it on qemu-devel.
> > I gave a quick look at the git osstest to eventually try to use it on a
> > test server and run necessary automated tests for the nights but I did not
> > understand enough and I have almost no knowledge of perl, and perhaps even
> > more my very bad english...
> >

> I presume you've checked out osstest related posts on blog.xen.org.
> Given your requirement you might want to use it in "production" mode
> which automatically runs testcases and do bisection. I don't think it's
> very easy to setup, you might want to speak to Ian Campbell or Ian
> Jackson.

Adding a new branch flight is a bit harder to do without access to the
infra. You can see my libvirt patch for an example of the sort of thing
which is needed.

I can't speak for IanJ but I'm pretty busy with various things,
including the libvirt flight for osstest. I can probably look into doing
seabios at some point though.

> > There is a method to easy and fast have working dns/dhcp/tftp enough to
> > osstest?
> >

> DNS/DHCP/TFTP are generanl IT infrastructure, not part of OSSTest. But I
> admit it's never easy to maintain them...

At home i use dnsmasq which is pretty simple and provides at least the
first two (DNS+DHCP) I think it can do TFTP too but I tend to us the
regular tftpd on a difference host for various tedious reasons...

Ian.