Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3 PDF User Manual

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 01:58 +0000, Russell Pavlicek wrote:
> I am assuming this is the work of someone circa 2008.

It was created much earlier than that, you are just looking at the Xen
3.3 release's version of it.

> Does anyone know the history of this doc, who participated in its
> creation, how much time it took to create, etc.?

The source used to live in xen.git, so you can look at the history with:
        git log --follow -- docs/src/user.tex

(the double dash is important since the file no longer exists, the
follow is important because it was renamed in 2004).

It seems to have mostly been written in the run up to the Xen 3.0
release in 2004/5, and not really touched since Xen 3.3 in 2008 until it
was removed as obsolete a few years later.

>   Am I correct that there is nothing publically available like it for
> the 4.x series?

AFAIK that is correct, there is nothing like a "manual". There is plenty
of getting started documentation in the wiki though and guides for
various platforms etc though.

Ian.