Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 Testing: Platform Op XENPF_microcode_update Leaves VCPU Lock Set?

On Apr 24, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Notice that the continuation is inside the !spin_trylock loop -- IOW it
> will only reach that point with the lock *not* held. If spin_trylock
> succeeds in taking the lock then we don't go into the loop body.
>
> Ian.

Ian,

Yes; thanks for answering. I just sent a note about it because it looked odd to
me as I was reading the code and I thought it would be bad citizenship to pass
by and not ask about it. Sleep deprivation is an issue right now ...

Sincerely,

John

----

What is the formal meaning of the one-line program
#include "/dev/tty"

J.P. McDermott                  building 12
Code 5542                       john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Naval Research Laboratory       voice: +1 202.404.8301
Washington, DC 20375, US        fax:   +1 202.404.7942