Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] (hvm)-virtualization doesn't work with xen 4.4

On 05/05/2014 20:17, Michael Mair-Keimberger wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> This is a forwarded mail which i already sent to the xen-users mailing
> list, however it was suggested to open a BUG about my problem which
> seems to work via the xen-devel mailing list. :)
>
> Below is my description about my problem - at the end i've added some
> more information about my xen configuration. If you need some other
> information, please let me know :)

Can you please post the complete xl dmesg from boot including one
attempted boot of the VM.  What you have pasted here is simply not
enough for us to help you with.  If you could boot xen with "loglvl=all
guest_loglvl=all" on the command line, that would help things.

> I've recently updated my xen setup from 4.1 to 4.4. Now it's impossible
> for me to start any (basic) vm.
> My basic config looks like this atm:
>
>> on_poweroff='destroy'
>> on_reboot='destroy'
>> on_crash='destroy'

disk=['file:/home/michael/xen/win7x64s.img,hda,w','file:/home/michael/xen/dvd/win7x64.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']
>> vif=['mac=DE:AD:CA:5E:13:37,bridge=br0,type=ioemu']
>>
>> boot='d'
>>
>> name = 'HVM_domU'
>> builder = 'hvm'
>> memory = 256
>> vcpus = 2
>> vnc = 1
>> vnclisten = '0.0.0.0'
>> vncdisplay = 1
>
> <snip>
>
> xl dmesg only shows one returning error, which didn't help me at all as i
> couldn't find any usefull help about this message:
>
>> (XEN) io.c:204:d2 MMIO emulation failed @ 0008:ffff1f50: 4a 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 36 99

This is quite strange.  That is a malformed 64bit instruction, and 32 or
16bit would be dec %[e]dx, which should not be hitting the emulator
under any circumstance I am aware of.

~Andrew