[Xen-devel] Cleaning up user confusion about different virt modes in Xen

Folks,

have a look at http://brendangregg.com/blog/2014-05-07/what-color-is-your-xen.html ... It's a well made case about the confusion our terminology has created in user-land. Admittedly, it was a lot worse before we came up with the virtualization spectrum. But since then ARM created extra complexity.

The article makes some very good points, and a sensible solution, but also throws up new problems. Maybe it is time to clean up the confusion in terminology, use it consistently and fix our documentation.

But before we consider this, I wanted put the article up for debate

Best Regards
Lars