Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTEST] Add a flight to test qemu.org's ("mainline") master branch.

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [OSSTEST] Add a flight to test qemu.org's
("mainline") master branch."):
> On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 12:11 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Thinking about this since my last message, it occurs to me that it
> > isn't in general easy for make-flight to know when qemuu is going to
> > be used.  After all xl may decide on a whim to change which qemu it
> > uses for complicated reasons.  I'm not really sure where that thought
> > is leading.
>
> Perhaps the answer is not to worry to much about a few pointless jobs in
> these flights. Especially given that qemuu+seabios is mostly the
> default.

Yes.

> > > I'm not sure what to call the output of the push gate on xenbits to
> > > be not confusing, git://xenbits.xen.org/osstest/qemu.git is a
> > > placeholder. The XXX should be removed before committing. I wondered
> > > about suggesting moving all of the push gates which aren't actually
> > > intended for end user consumption (but rather for osstest
> > > book-keeping) under e.g.  git://xenbits.xen.org/osstest-gated, that
> > > would be the libvirt tree, the linux trees which linux-linus and
> > > linux-next push to, this new tree, perhaps others.
> >
> > There are big git performance advantages to having all of these things
> > be refs in the same git tree as the non-osstest-related branches for
> > whatever it is.

NB I have just replied to this with a different answer.  Take your
pick which you prefer :-).

> True. Which of the many qemu trees should this flight deal with then? I
> suppose qemu-xen-upstream-unstable (or whatever the xen-unstable branch
> of qemuu is called) is the correct one?

For qemu, I think for now we have to keep the multiple trees rather
than single tree with multiple branches.

> > The arrangement with the zillions of qemu trees on xenbits is
> > anomalous (and should probably go away eventually).
>
> Can we sort that for 4.5?

Maybe :-).

Ian.