Re: [Xen-devel] Build error iasl/dsdt after commit "hvmloader: also cover PCI MMIO ranges above 4G with UC MTRR ranges"

>>> On 21.05.14 at 20:58, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems commit "d06886694328a31369addc1f614cf326728d65a6:
> "hvmloader: also cover PCI MMIO ranges above 4G with UC MTRR ranges"
> causes the build error below.
>
> In case it's relevant it's with iasl from debian wheezy, which is version:
> iasl 20100528-3

I tried a variety of iasl-s (ranging from 2006 to 2012), with none of
them triggering this. So I'm afraid this is a bug of the specific iasl in
Wheezy - I'm not sure how to deal with that. Furthermore, as already
indicated in a reply to an inquiry on it by Ian C, I'm having a physical
machine here with exactly the same QWordMemory() template, so all
zeros in there can't be entirely wrong. While we overwrite all three
fields (HMIN, HMAX, and HLEN) anyway, I'm not sure putting in some
random range deemed valid by that specific tool version is a good
idea. But to help with the decision, could you try whether that

                    QWordMemory (
                        ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed,
                        NonCacheable, ReadWrite,
                        0x0000000000000000,
                        0x0000000fffffffff,
                        0x0000001000000000,