Re: [Xen-devel] Uninitialised issue in hvmemul_do_io()

  • To: Andrew Cooper <Andrew.Cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:36:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Cc: Xen-devel List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:36:17 +0000

All relevant fields of ioreq_t are initialized between lines 182 and 189 but
hvm_send_assist_req() does a struct copy so the unitialized value of vp_eport
is seen as a problem, which it's not because it gets overwritten in the
destination by the correct value afterwards.

I will submit patch to just init all fields to 0 to get rid of the noise though.

  Paul