Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: Compile Fail - v4.4

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014, at 0:51, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 16.06.14 at 20:37, <merc1984@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Debian Testing, x86_64.

I cannot get Xen compiled.  I've carefully followed the wiki here:
... especially WRT dependencies, but no change.

You don't mention the most important point here - you're using gcc
4.9.0. A patch for these new warnings was posted already (see
but in the original shape it wasn't immediately acceptable. An
alternative got posted in response a little later. You can pick
any (especially if you're not using blktap2), or simply disable
building of the blktap code via configure option.

Thank you.  Be advised that I got this from the Supported download point (http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/xen-44-series/xen-440.html), so this is going to keep happening, or users will simply give up.

Also I wish I could make a number of clarifications and updates in the wiki, of issues that tripped me up for days.