Re: [Xen-devel] Please revert / review 077fc1c04d70ef1748ac2daa6622b3320a1a004c

Matthias wrote on 2014-06-19:
> Yes, I'm only seeing the BSOD since 077fc1c04d. 0e251a837 is still
> fine and I can boot my win7 domU.
>

> My bisection process is pretty basic. I have a script which checks out
> the git staging tree, does a hard reset on the git commit I want to
> test, applies some custom patches (only changes in vif-nat and mkdeb
> to put some git build info into the package description so i can use
> dpkg -I to see what commit the package is on) and does a make world and make
> debball:
>
> git clone -b staging git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
> xen-unstable-staging git reset --hard
> 077fc1c04d70ef1748ac2daa6622b3320a1a004c // add custom patches
> ./configure  --disable-kernels --disable-stubdom --disable-docs make
> -j4 world make -j4 debball
>

> Then I save the created .deb into a folder for storage / later testing
> and install it if I want. And with that, I did the usual bisection:
> use a previous commit if something goes wrong and a later commit if
> everything works, until I arrived at your commit and wrote the mail..
>

>> Also, the original problem I am trying to fix only related to EPT and
>> VT-d page
> table sharing. So have you tried to not share them?
>

> Sorry, can you explain this a little more? I don't know how to
> influence VT-d page table sharing since I don't know much about the
> deeper mechanics of XEN.

add iommu=no- sharept in Xen command to disable the sharing.

> But I am very grateful for your help and therefor would like to help
> with the testing of your patches.
>

> For my last test I once again used your 077fc1c commit and applied
> both your first (printing out if log dirty mode is enabled) and second
> (the latest) patch and it actually workd: no BSOD and the domU came up
> fine and was usable. Also logs seem fine and there were no VT-d page
> faults. I attached qemu log and xl dmesg log never the less.

Please try the attached debug patch and post the xl dmesg log. This patch is
based on 077fc1c0. It is working in my box which is an Intel platform. But I am
not sure whether it is working in your side. If not, please let me know. Thanks.

> Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Yang