[Xen-devel] Archiving PVOPS and Xen on ARM as stand-alone subprojects

Hi all,
I was wondering how the community feels if we retired
as stand-alone subprojects of the Xen Projects in line withttp://xenproject.org/governance.html (see http://xenproject.org/governance.html - Archivation Review). I had already discussed with Stefano and Konrad and they believe this is a good idea. I have also raised the at the last Advisory Board meeting and the feedback was that this is a good, idea if we craft the messaging around this correctly as to not to cause confusion.

Why Archive these subprojects?
* The goal of both subprojects was to establish Xen support in Linux and ARM support in the Hypervisor in the upstream projects
* This clearly has been achieved, so it is not necessary any more to keep these around as separate supbrojects
* Xen support is firmly established as part of Linux kernel releases
* ARM support is firmly established as part of the Hypervisor

What does it NOT mean?
* Development of Xen in Linux would not stop - we merely treat it as part of upstream development (which is what we have de-facto today)
* Development of Xen on ARM would not stop - we merely treat it as part of upstream development (which again is the de-facto status today)

What are the next step?
* Consultation (this mail)
* Make an archivation proposal
* Formal vote
* Craft a positive messaging as part of a momentum press release : the message would be that we are making progress, that our governance model works and we can tie it up with the creation of say the PV driver project. In other words, the project is evolving and addressing issues.

Any views?

Best Regards
Lars