Re: [Xen-devel] [Query] Flow of PCI device dedicated to a domU

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 17:03 +0530, Xenbegn developer wrote:

Please don't top post and please use plain text email, not HTML.

> Ian Can you please help in this. I am trying to understand how things
> are done in x86 xen. Based on that will implement in ARM PCI
> passthrough

I'm afraid I don't know exactly how MSIs work for X86 (neither PV nor
HVM). It not clear that ARM would use the same mechanisms anyway, since
ARM has a more advanced virtualisable interrupt controller available.

However I think you are getting rather ahead of yourself, before MSI
passthrough becomes an issue we need a) host support for GICv3 b) host
support for GICv3+ITS (ARM name for MSI).

Vijay Kilari is working on those a) is pretty much there, b) is still a
WIP AIUI.

We also lack some of the basic framework for doing passthrough on ARM.
Julien Grall is working on that for the platform device case, which will
provide many of the foundations for doing PCI passthrough.

Ian.