Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Multiple serial ports in Windows HVM

On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 20:08 +0000, White, Edmund H wrote:
> I have just moved from Xen 4.3 to 4.4. With 4.3 I used the xm toolstack, and
> I could define multiple serial ports in the config for my Windows domU like
> so:
>
> serial = [ "tcp::4464,server,nowait", "file:/home/ed/logs/Tgt64bcom2.log" ]

I had no idea xm would accept a list here. We should probably look at
extending libxl/xl to support that. Is that something you think you
could take a look at?

> However, the xl toolstack in 4.4 won't accept a list in the serial
> definition. If I change it to:
>
> serial = "tcp::4464,server,nowait"
> serial = "file:/home/ed/logs/Tgt64bcom2.log"
>
> I end up with a single serial port connected to the file.

Right, the second one has overwritten the first.

> How can I get two serial ports, with the first connected to a socket and the
> second connected to a file?

Until someone implements support for lists of serial devices as a
workaround you can pass arbitrary arguments to the qemu device model
using
        device_model_args=["--a thing", "--b another"]

It looks like the xm serial translated pretty directly into arguments to
-serial.

Ian.