Re: [Xen-devel] Tweaking the libxlu bison grammar to include nested lists

On mer, 2014-07-23 at 10:32 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 02:12 -0400, Elena Ufimtseva wrote:

> You want Ian J for questions about the parser. CCd.
>
> > Ian, this comes from conversation about configuration of vNUMA
> > distances we had some time ago.
> > In that conversation we wanted to see vNUMA distance array look
> > something like this in the config file:
> >
> > vdistance = [[10,20,25],[20,10,20],[25, 20. 10]]
> > or a shorter version, but I would start with fully defined at first.
>
> An alternative which would be less work right now would be:
> vdistance = [ "10,20,25", "20,10,20" ,... ]

+1

> Not ideal, sure.

Not even that bad, at least until lists of lists will be there.

A possible issue is that, at that point, we'll have to support the [""]
syntax indefinitely, for backward compatibility, but that does not sound
that bad either.

> > Will be that what Sunder asks a acceptable solution.
>
> I'm not sure what Sunder is asking TBH, it looks like queries about how
> things work rather than a proposal for a change to me, but perhaps
> that's just because I'm not familiar with the existing grammar.

I know next to nothing about the pareser, sorry. :-(

Regards,
Dario