Re: [Xen-devel] building xen activated arm kernel for Tegra k1

On 01/08/14 19:34, burak sarac wrote:
Dear all,

Hi,

  I just get my Jetson Tegra k1 and was planning to try out Xen on it.
It has a 3.10 kernel with Ubuntu 14.04. Also I have downloaded kernel
source. I am quite new on kernel building but I have done before via
menuconfig for additional modules. My question is; as I have already
source and .config from Nvidia do you think below guide would be enough
for me to rebuild kernel for arm?

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Mainline_Linux_Kernel_Configs

This is a good start for building the kernel. Although, some options may not work/exist on ARM such as:

- *X86* of course :)
- CONFIG_*_PCI_*
- CONFIG_PARAVIRT_*
- CONFIG_HYPERVISOR_GUEST
- all tmem support (I don't even know if someone tried to use it on ARM)
- CONFIG_ACPI

I will see if we can update this page during the next document day for ARM.

You can also give a look to the xen wiki page about ARM. It will give you some tips about building Xen and debugging guest kernel.

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions

If something is missing or you have an issue that you don't understand, just let us know.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall