[Xen-devel] linux PVH broken in 3.16.0-rc7 (arch_gnttab_map_shared)

Hi,

Not sure if this already got reported, but it appears

commit b7dd0e3
Author: David Vrabel <david.vrabel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Fri Jul 11 16:42:34 2014 +0100

    x86/xen: safely map and unmap grant frames when in atomic context

has broken boot of domU PVH. The reason being arch_gnttab_map_shared
is getting called before gnttab_shared_vm_area gets initialized by
arch_gnttab_init(). As the comment says,

--->
/* Call it _before_ __gnttab_init as we need to initialize the
 *  * xen_auto_xlat_grant_frames first. */
core_initcall(xen_pvh_gnttab_setup);
<---

we can't wait till arch_gnttab_init is called by __gnttab_init().

I'm also wondering why didn't this get caught by a simple boot test
of PVH domU before this code was merged?

thanks,
Mukesh