Re: [Xen-devel] Pausing event delivery

On Mon, 2014-08-04 at 14:03 -0400, Bread Cutter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing something out where I need to disable event delivery to
> the guest temporarily. Essentially, I don't want the guest to get an
> interrupt and schedule a different task on the VCPU while I'm in the
> middle of my work.

Are you looking for something different to setting the EFLAGS interrupt
mask bit (e.g. sti/cli) from within guest context?

I'm unsure why what you seem to be doing requires hypervisor side
changes. It might help if you were to explain what it is you are
actually trying to do this for so people can advise.

> It doesn't look like any any other vmexits happen after this. A debug
> message in the vmexit hander confirms this. What I'm aiming for is to
> allow the guest to execute the next instruction, which will cause a
> vmexit, and then I turn the flag off, and everything resumes.

Sounds a bit like what I think would be called an "interrupt shadow" in
the Intel docs, but I'm not sure if that is appropriate to what you are
actually trying to do.

Cheers,
Ian.