Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 06/19] xen/arm: Implement hypercall PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq

Hi All,

Could someone answer - what is the future of this patch series? Are
you going to post patches as non RFC ? Will it be merged to Xen 4.5 ?
I'm asking because it is *very useful* for development we have in
GlobalLogic. In our current state we need to route some HW irqs to
domainU (Android) and we need them 1 to 1.

For now we use similar patch series -
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-07/msg01146.html but
looks like it will not be merged

Regards,
Andri

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Yeah, we got onto PCI somehow.
>> >
>> > So long as we are happy not being able to hotplug platform devices I
>> > think we don't need an equivalent option (the point would be to only
>> > setup huge numbers of SPIs, reserve MMIO space etc if it was going to be
>> > used).
>>
>> We can reuse the number of IRQs used by the HW. The current series
>> allocates SPIs for guest even if we don't plan to passthrough a device.
>> Are we fine with this drawback for Xen 4.5?
>
> I meant no need for an equivalent user facing option. I'd much prefer it
> if the toolstack did the Right Thing and configured the number of SPIs
> for each guest at domain build time, based on its knowledge of the
> devices configured for passthrough.
>
> Ian.

Andrii Tseglytskyi | Embedded Dev
GlobalLogic