Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug in function libxl.c interface in the function libxl_wait_for_memory_target()

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 01:01:19AM -0500, ayush ruia wrote:
> Hi all,
> The following code function might possibly return an incorrect value in the
> case of the target memory not meeting the required value after waiting for
> a given time period. Quoting the following lines from the xen git
> repository
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=tools/libxl/libxl.c;h=77672d06bac0636c3c9f8d5ab0475ab796246f7c;hb=HEAD
>

> 4697     if ((info.current_memkb + info.outstanding_memkb) <= target_memkb)
> 4698         rc = 0;
> 4699     else
> 4700         rc = ERROR_FAIL;
> 4701
> 4702 out:
> 4703     return 0;
> 4704 }
>
> Here we calculate the return value and in the case of failure it should be
> ERROR_FAIL . However we still return the value 0. Thus possibly this
> function will still return 0 in the event of an error.

Yes, I think you've discovered a bug.

Would you like to submit a patch to fix it?

You can find instructions on patch submission on the following page

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches

Wei.