[Xen-devel] xen configuration

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Stephen Mack <smack815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 20:23:10 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 23:23:14 +0000

Greetings,

I have somewhat of a simple question about xen configuration possibilities.

I would like to know if it is possible to restrict the ports from which a xen domain can receive traffic and have all other attempts sent to another domain to be processed.

Say for example I have a web server deployed that I only want to accept traffic on port 80 and so it should never receive a request for ftp/ssh/dns/etc. However if such a request ever were to come in for my web server, I want that traffic to be sent to my honeypot for processing, logging and possible remediation.Â

I must say that I am very new to xen and have not read any documentation. I am only looking for feedback if this is possible/feasible and if there are any negative implications of such a configuration.

Warm regards!

--Stephen