Re: [Xen-devel] Remaining EFI Xen on ARM issues (on Juno at least)

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 15:14 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>>  But first of all - I suppose this NOR thing has a
>>> proper file system (and hence a respective EFI protocol) on it? I ask
>>> because iirc we can't currently handle being remote booted because
>>> we expect a file system protocol, yet in that case it's a different one
>>> that would need to be used. There simply was no-one to ask for
>>> that functionality yet...
>>
>> A proper filesystem is perhaps a bit of a stretch, you feed the lower
>> level firmware an index file mapping filenames to regions of flash and
>> it fakes up a filesystem, so it looks like a file system protocol to the
>> UEFI app I think.
>
> So maybe something isn't being done as we expect it (which isn't to
> say that what we expect is necessarily right).
>
> Jan

I did some more investigation today, on both x86 and ARM regarding
starting from "startup.nsh".  Both x86 and ARM behave the same,
and do _not_ require a CWD to be set.  Xen can correctly find the
config file and module files from the directory that startup.nsh runs it from,
even if no CWD is set.  My earlier conclusions on regarding the CWD
were incorrect.
I have not had a chance to try starting Xen from the bootmenu yet to try to
reproduce the behavior Ian is seeing.

Roy