Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 random freeze question

Hi Julien,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andrii,
>
> On 11/14/2014 03:39 PM, Andrii Tseglytskyi wrote:
>> Also note - freeze depends on system load. It reproduces more
>> frequently if I start Android + QNX + all frontends/backends drivers.
>> Starting Android only without any addition drivers works more less
>> stable. It looks like issue is reproduced when domU starts in parallel
>> with backends drivers in dom0.
>> But the same works fine with old Xen 4.4.
>
> To be sure, when you say "xen/master" is it a vanilla Xen? Or do you
> have patches on top of it?

This is my work tree, I have some local patches, specific to our system:

579f19c (HEAD, dev_xen_4.5_rc2_04) xsm: arm: allow dom0 to use send
call on during event_channel creation <-- XSM is currently disabled,
this one has no effect
0f1bd43 kbdif: add raw events passing
b7289a0 pvfb: add release event
bd979de xen/tools: Fix virtual disks helper scripts.
81d2f11 libxl: skip memory finalize if appended DTB found <-- we have
device tree attached to domU zImage, we skip initializetion of domU
DTB
6c7f2ae libxc: skip constructing DTB during zImage loading <-- we have
device tree attached to domU zImage, we skip initializetion of domU
DTB
2b4ba6c libxl: add ability to skip constructing DTB <-- we have device
tree attached to domU zImage, we skip initializetion of domU DTB
bd226aa Revert "tools: arm: remove code to check for a DTB appended to
the kernel" <-- we have device tree attached to domU zImage, we skip
initializetion of domU DTB
e445c33 arm: decrease size of RAM memory for arm guest  <-- We have
memory mapped registers starting from 0x40000000, so I moved rambase
to 0x80000000
3a00dd2 flask/policy: allow domU to use previously-mapped I/O-memory
<-- XSM is currently disabled, this one has no effect
0fd131ac2 fix commit xen/arm: Add support for GICv3 for domU
cacfcc5 (tag: 4.5.0-rc2) Xen 4.5.0-rc2: Update tag for QEMU upstream tree....
e6fa63d (xen_baseline/master) pvgrub: ignore NUL
fda1614 xen/arm: Add support for GICv3 for domU

> Also, what are the frontends/backends?

We have some userspace backend drivers - audio, framebuffer, event device, etc

I may send a tarball with all my local patches if needed.

Regards,
Andrii

--

Andrii Tseglytskyi | Embedded Dev