Re: [Xen-devel] Timed out waiting for device dev-hvc0.device.

Hello,

On 11/12/2014 02:27, manish jaggi wrote:
I am facing this issue when booting Xen Dom0 (OpenSuse Rootfs)

[  OK  ] Reached target Host and Network Name Lookups.
[  OK  ] Started OpenSSH Daemon.
[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-hvc0.device.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on hvc0.
[  OK  ] Reached target Login Prompts.

Any Idea? what could be wrong here

Please provide the full boot log. With only those 5 lines we can only guess what could be the issue.

Maybe the DOM0 kernel didn't detect that it's running on Xen or you forgot to enable CONFIG_XEN_HVC in your config.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall