Re: [Xen-devel] Lots of ACPI warnings from newer iasl (20140926).

>>> On 15.12.14 at 11:44, <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> isal 20140926-1 in Debian Jessie is rather vocal about
> tools/firmware/hvmloader/acpi. See below. Essentially, a few of these:
>         Control Method should be made Serialized (due to creation of
>         named objects within)
> a slew of:
>         Object is not referenced ^  (Name is within method [_CRS])
> and a load of:
>         ^ Reserved method should not return a value (_L02)
>
> 4.4 seems to produce a similar looking set of warnings, so I think this
> is a case of newer iasl having more warnings rather than a regression in
> our code.
>
> I also tried iasl from 20141107-1 Sid and it is similarly vocal.

I had noticed some of these too, and was intending to address them
eventually. As usual, other things continued to take higher priority.
But the lack of serialization of some of the methods I didn't notice so
far, and those seem more relevant to fix than the others. I'll see to
get to this.

Jan