Re: [Xen-devel] Lots of ACPI warnings from newer iasl (20140926).

>>> On 15.12.14 at 11:44, <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> isal 20140926-1 in Debian Jessie is rather vocal about
> tools/firmware/hvmloader/acpi. See below. Essentially, a few of these:
>         Control Method should be made Serialized (due to creation of
>         named objects within)

I fixed these. While they seemed important to get fixed at the first
glance, I don't think the fix deserves rushing in before 4.5 got
branched off: In the _CRS case it is rather unlikely that racing
invocations would be done by an OS. And in the _BST cases the
routine has custom serialization in place already. So the fix is rather
cosmetic afaict.

> a slew of:
>         Object is not referenced ^  (Name is within method [_CRS])

I have no idea how to avoid these - we have to name the two
respective memory regions, and not us accessing every of its
fields producing warnings seems more like an overacting iasl than
a source problem to me.

> and a load of:
>         ^ Reserved method should not return a value (_L02)

These were of course trivial to address, but are also purely
cosmetic. I'll defer posting the patch until after branching too.

Jan