Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 Development Update (RC4) - Documentation Updates

Hi Lars and Dario,

On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 10:55 -0500, Meng Xu wrote:

>Â Â Â Â ÂHi all,
>
>Â Â Â Â ÂPlease reply to the thread and I will add that page.
>Â Â Â Â Â** The key changes normally are changes to
>Â Â Â Â Âscalability/memory/etc. limits - maybe Jan(x86) and Ian(ARM)
>Â Â Â Â Âcan look let me know of changes
>Â Â Â Â Â** Also new platforms, changes to experimental features, etc.
>Â Â Â Â Â** Probably the new scheduler should be added - is there a
>Â Â Â Â Âwiki page?
>

> âThe new scheduler (rtds) does not have a wiki page right now, but it
> has an outside page to explain how it is designed and how it works
> at https://sites.google.com/site/realtimexen/getting-started.
> âI can add a wiki page very quickly today based on the pages on â
> https://sites.google.com/site/realtimexen/ .

That would be great! :-)

> Is that ok?

I think it is ok. Just make sure, when you do that, that you properly
adapt the information and make them match what actually have been
upstreamed (so command option names, limits of the implementation, etc.)

Also, you should put in the wiki page a WARN about the fact that the
scheduler has been included as an experimental and in-development
feature.

Share here a link when you're done, so we can go having a look. :-)

âI have finished the wiki page. Here is the link: http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/User:Pennpanda â
I followed the Credit scheduler's wiki page to complete the RTDS'.
â(I'm not sure how to add a title for that page as Credit scheduler does. :-( )â

âPlease let me know if you have any question. â

âThank you very much! :-)

Best,

Meng