Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

such RMRR could be in resident part of host BIOS. Here is one example how
such a reserved region is used to support legacy keyboard emulation for
USB keyboard. Actually a SMI handler is triggered when a 8042 controller
driver accesses legacy keyboard resource (e.g. 60h/64h), and then SMI
handler will access the reserved region which holds meaningful data
from the USB controller. Host BIOS can allocate such page in any place
where it thinks appropriate, in E0000-EFFFF, in F0000-FFFFF, or in higher
end RAM. so strictly speaking it could be a hard conflict with guest BIOS
though if we know all the information some conflict may be avoided like
Jan mentioned.

Thanks
Kevin