Re: [Xen-devel] "./configure: line 7058: python-config: command not found" after commit 0013245

On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 09:32 +0100, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
> > So it sounds like perhaps all that is needed is some judicious use of
> > "2>/dev/null"?
>
> But we still require python-config for python versions >= 2.5, or else
> we will fail to detect if the workaround is needed?

I've said it a few times in this thread: Until we know that there are
systems which both lack python-config _and_ suffer from the fortify
incompatibility then we can live with this IMHO.

IOW I think we can just assume that the fortify incompatibility is a
feature of either newer distros and/or newer versions of python
implementing hardening flags which is something which has been going on
over the last few years.

Python 2.5 dates back to 2006, before then I think enabling fortify by
default was not all that common.

Ian.