Re: [Xen-devel] ENC:[Xen-users] Failed to insert 'xen_evtchn': No such device

On Wed, Apr 01, Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello DEVs, can anyone help me?
>
> Ian Campbell pointed me that maybe you could help me, here is the link to the
> last e-mail line that started this problem fixing:
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2015-04/msg00009.html
>
> A brief summary of my current problems after XEN installation:
>
> First Problem: XL "Anything", be it INFO, TOP, UPTIME, whatever, returns:
>
> "
> xc: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No
> such
> file or directory): Internal error
> libxl: error: libxl.c:109:libxl_ctx_alloc: cannot open libxc handle: No such
> file or directory
> cannot init xl context
> "

Which systemd services files from xen are enabled? See the systemd part
of the INSTALL file:
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL;hb=staging

systemctl enable xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service
systemctl enable xen-init-dom0.service
systemctl enable xenconsoled.service

> Second Problem:
> My boot.log is showing:
>
> "
> [ [1;31mFAILED [0m] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
> See "systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service" for details.
> "

This is a bug in systemd. It assumes that all modules listed in
/usr/lib/modules-load.d/ are available in each and every runtime kernel.
Even grandma knows that this is not true. Just ignore errors from that
service.

Olaf