Re: [Xen-devel] ENC:[Xen-users] Failed to insert 'xen_evtchn': No such device

Hello,

First Problem:

>Which systemd services files from xen are enabled? See the systemd part
>of the INSTALL file:
>http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL;hb=staging

When compiled from source, no options where given, my ubuntu is installed with systemd, so I guess the part of the installation file that states:
"
NOTE: if systemd development packages are installed the systemd support
will be the enabled per default.
"
Is somehow related to my situation.

>systemctl enable xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service
>systemctl enable xen-init-dom0.service
>systemctl enable xenconsoled.service

These MAGIC lines did the trick! Thanks for the help, this solved the First Problem, BUT, if you know those lines, can't you submit a patch to fix this issue for the next "Lucky user"? How can I help to fix it?

Second Problem:
>OLAF:
>This is a bug in systemd. It assumes that all modules listed in
>/usr/lib/modules-load.d/ are available in each and every runtime kernel.
>Even grandma knows that this is not true. Just ignore errors from that
>service.

>IAN:
>Has someone filed a wishlist bug with systemd?

Should I ask the user list of the systemd?

After fixing the first problem, with those lines stated above here is the new output:
"
root@carlos:~# systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service -l
â systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
ÂÂ Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
ÂÂ Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Qui 2015-04-02 11:48:59 BRT; 5min ago
ÂÂÂÂ Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ man:modules-load.d(5)
 Process: 671 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
ÂMain PID: 671 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Abr 02 11:48:59 carlos systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
Abr 02 11:48:59 carlos systemd-modules-load[671]: Module 'fuse' is builtin
Abr 02 11:48:59 carlos systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Abr 02 11:48:59 carlos systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
Abr 02 11:48:59 carlos systemd[1]: Unit systemd-modules-load.service entered failed state.
Abr 02 11:48:59 carlos systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service failed.
root@carlos:~#
"
Third Problem: Already SOLVED.

Fourth Problem:
After fixing the Third problem the Fourth Problem solved itself by MAGIC... Probably it was somehow related to the language being used by the system... Anyway... Thanks for the help.

On Wed, Apr 01, Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello DEVs, can anyone help me?
>
> Ian Campbell pointed me that maybe you could help me, here is the link to the
> last e-mail line that started this problem fixing:
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2015-04/msg00009.html
>
> A brief summary of my current problems after XEN installation:
>
> First Problem: XL "Anything", be it INFO, TOP, UPTIME, whatever, returns:
>
> "
> xc: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No such
> file or directory): Internal error
> libxl: error: libxl.c:109:libxl_ctx_alloc: cannot open libxc handle: No such
> file or directory
> cannot init xl context
> "

Which systemd services files from xen are enabled? See the systemd part
of the INSTALL file:
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL;hb=staging

systemctl enable xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service
systemctl enable xen-init-dom0.service
systemctl enable xenconsoled.service

> Second Problem:
> My boot.log is showing:
>
> "
> [ [1;31mFAILED [0m] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
> See "systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service" for details.
> "

This is a bug in systemd. It assumes that all modules listed in
/usr/lib/modules-load.d/ are available in each and every runtime kernel.
Even grandma knows that this is not true. Just ignore errors from that
service.

Olaf

--
Gustavo