Re: [Xen-devel] FreeBSD Dom0 IOMMU issues (resent)

On 5/7/15 7:59 PM, Chen, Tiejun wrote:
Are you running IGD passthrough with guest OS?

Only as far as the PVH Xen kernel is passing through all hardware to Dom0. Roger can elaborate as needed.

What is your CPU? BDW? HSW? And what is your FreeBSD Linux version on
Dom0 side? I just think you can directly try the latest upstream Linux
as Dom0, because I see so many messages indicating GPU hang.

My output has dmesg information for this purpose. Most output is from:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz (2790.93-MHz K8-class CPU)
Lenovo ThinkPad T420

The second system is:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz (2500.02-MHz K8-class CPU)
Intel DQ67EP Mini-ITX board

Both systems are recent FreeBSD 11 snapshots, the Dom0:

FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r282110: Mon Apr 27 20:49:15 UTC 2015

The DomU:

FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r280862: Mon Mar 30 20:15:11 UTC 2015

I have not tried GNU/Linux but could if you like. Is there a preferred distribution for use with Xen?

So maybe you need to upgrade DRM/I915 driver firstly.

Any and all help from Intel at keeping the FreeBSD graphics drivers up to date is appreciated. FreeBSD 11 HEAD represents the latest drivers. I believe I have tried this under NVidia with similar results. I can run a test if you like.

All the best,

Michael Dexter