Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 53884: regressions - FAIL

>>> This is due to e5786bae04 ("x86/pvh: use a custom IO bitmap for
>>> PVH hardware domains"). Having requested th addition during
>>> review I of course took it for granted that you build tested your
>>> change. As dealing with this imo also means moving the code
>>> addition into the already existing (or a new) CONFIG_X86 block
>>> (along with moving the declaration to a more suitable header), I
>>> think a fixup patch would not be the right way to deal with this,
>>> and hence I think I'm going to revert that change for the time
>>> being.
>>
>> Given this reversion (and confirmation that the build is fixed), would a
>> force push be justified?  We are now a full month behind, with other
>> OSSTest issues still outstanding.
>
> While it'd be really nice to do so, the flight here didn't test the tip of
> staging (onto which I'll push the revert in a few minutes), so a force
> push may be a little difficult to arrange. I'm also afraid that doing so
> would yield the XSM build failure an allowable one going forward.
> Otoh, considering that we got two almost-pushes recently, I'm quite
> hopeful that we'll get a real push pretty soon.

And sadly 6ea9f0481e ("xen: guestcopy: Provide an helper to
safely copy string from guest") breaks the x86 XSM build too (due
to type issues with the compat mode layer of flask's hypercall
handling). Reverting that one would be more cumbersome (as I
suppose subsequent changes depend on it), but I very much
hope that you, Julien, will provide a timely fix for this.

Jan