Re: [Xen-devel] qemu device model question

On Mon, 2015-05-18 at 10:49 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> Is there really no way to start up a qdisk process after the domain is
> created?  The qdisk process doesn't actually need to do any emulation,
> after all -- it's just acting as a backend, right?

FWIW xencommons starts a qemu for dom0 using:
$QEMU_XEN -xen-domid 0 -xen-attach -name dom0 -nographic -M xenpv -daemonize \
                -monitor /dev/null -serial /dev/null -parallel /dev/null \
                -pidfile $QEMU_PIDFILE

I'd be surprised if this didn't also work for an arbitrary PV domain and
I assume it wouldn't be needed for an HVM one.

Ian.